Date(s) - 30/06/2019 - 03/07/2019
Brisbane convention centre
The Translational Photosynthesis Conference 2019: Innovations in Agriculture and Food Security will be held at The Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre, Brisbane, Australia, from Sunday 30 June – Wednesday 3 July, 2019.
This conference is about developing linkages and dialogue between research scientists, the agricultural industry and associated technologies ranging from gene technology to robotics.
The conference program will feature a mix of keynote speakers, presentations and poster displays, along with exhibits from industry and academic institutions.
Session titles and keynote speakers
- New dynamics, new responses (Jackie Hughes, IRRI)
- Advances in Water Use & Efficiencies (Tony Condon, CSIRO Australia)
- Capturing Carbon in Photosynthesis (Tracy Lawson, Essex UK)
- Photosynthetic Light Capture & Conversion (John Leslie, Vertical Farms)
- Responding to Climate Change Impacts on Agricultural Production (Mark Howden, ANU Australia)
- Increasing energy use efficiency (Mark Stitt, MPI Germany)
- Improving photoconversion (Matthew Paul, Rothamsted UK))
- Benefiting from big data and modelling (Jane Trindall, CRDC)
- Future gene editing and synthetic biology (Emma Wallington, NIAB UK, Raj Bhula, OGTR Australia)
- Robots to remote sensing (Salah Sukkarieh, U Sydney Australia)
- Genome selection to phenome (David Kramer, Michigan State University, USA)
- Synthesis (John Anderson, Crawford Fund Australia)