The Australian Society of Plant Scientists is associated with three plant-science publications:
Phytogen – the newsletter of the Society, published as a blog and PDF newsletter
Functional Plant Biology – CSIRO’s flagship plant molecular-science journal
The benefits for ASPS members are as follows:
- A 15% discount* on the article processing charges will apply to ASPS members to publish in IJMS and Plants. A limited number of full fee waivers for special cases can also be discussed and agreed on;
- A discount on the article processing charges for selected papers collected from ASPS conferences can be agreed on a case by case basis for non-members;
- Meeting reports of ASPS conferences will be published free of charge in IJMS and Plants;
- Discounted publication fees for open access books;
- Sciforum.net platform for organizing ASPS conferences and conference organizing services at preferential rates. ASPS as well as each of its members will be able to use the platform free of charge if self-managed;
- Promotion of ASPS conference on the journal homepages;
- IJMS and/or Plants will sponsor different activities at the ASPS conferences (e.g. keynote speaker, travel grant for PhD students or Postdocs, best poster awards, coffee breaks, etc.) depending on the annual marketing budget of the journals;
- The possibility to advertise the society news on the website of the journals and social media;
- The possibility for the society and its members to post job announcements free of charge on the websites of IJMS and Plants.
The specific information about IJMS and Plants can be found below
The International Journal of Molecular Sciences (IJMS, ISSN 1422-0067, Impact Factor: 4.556) is an open access journal which provides an advanced forum for molecular studies in biology, chemistry and biophysics. Our aim is to provide rigorous peer review and enable rapid publication of cutting-edge research to educate and inspire the scientific community worldwide. IJMS is indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), MEDLINE (PubMed) and other important databases. Manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 13.4 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.2 days (median values for papers published in this journal in the first half of 2020).
Plants (ISSN 2223-7747) is an open access journal of plant science. The aim of the journal is to encourage scientists and research groups to publish theoretical and experimental results of research in all fundamental and applied fields of plant science. Plants is indexed by the Science Citation Index Expanded (Web of Science), BIOSIS Previews (Clarivate Analytics), Scopus and other important databases. Citations are available in PubMed and full-text are archived in PubMed Central. Manuscripts are peer-reviewed and a first decision provided to authors approximately 12.3 days after submission; acceptance to publication is undertaken in 2.9 days (median values for papers published in the first half of 2020). Plants falls into the highest quartile (Q1) in Web of Science category ‘Plant Sciences’, the current Impact Factor is 2.762 (2019).