- Meet a plant scientist
- Member log in
- Membership renewal
- Member directory
- Life members
- Corresponding members
- Elected Fellows
Membership of ASPS is open to all professional plant scientists and plant science students in Australia, regardless of nationality or temporary relocation outside the country.
Present membership exceeds 510 and comprises full-time professional scientists and teachers, research students, retired professionals, life and corresponding members (see Member directory)
Members receive a range of benefits, including:
- Discounted registration at the annul conference of the Society, ComBio
- Eligibility for ASPS scholarships and fellowships
- Phytogen, the quarterly newsletter of the Society
- Free advertising for employment opportunities on the ASPS website
- Free communication of events on the ASPS website
- Support for the next generation of Australians plant scientists
ASPS is an active member in the,
Full Members pay an annual subscription of $100 (or $180 for two years, $340 for four years)
Students pay only $50 for membership for a period of 2 years. PhD students are encouraged to join the society in their first year of study.
Sustaining Members (commercial) pay $600 per annum, and receive advertising and branding opportunities on the ASPS website and at our annual conference.
Membership is free for retirees, who should renew their status online each year.
The Society is proud to recognise outstanding contribution by awarding Life Membership to distinguished members.
Corresponding Members are high profile overseas colleagues who have contributed substantially to plant science research within Australia.
Further enquiries on membership can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.