The roles of ASPS discipline representative include;
- raise the profile of their discipline.
- update their ASPS discipline website.
- contribute to the ASPS blog Phytogen annually for their disciple and possibly their state.
- attend the ASPS council meeting held the Sunday before the annual ComBio conference.
- may have a role in judging ASPS awards.
An additional role for the Education representative is to co-chair a session at our annual ComBio conference.
Discipline representatives must take office within 2 months of election and retain the office for 12 months when they may be re-elected to the same position for a second consecutive term but not a third. Student representatives are sort who are located in the city hosting ComBio in the following years eg Brisbane 2016, Adelaide 2017.