Date(s) - 19/07/2016 - 23/07/2016
The Fourth International Conference on Plant Vascular Biology
Shenzhen, China, July 19 to 23, 2016.
Prof Bill Lucas: UC Davis, USA
Prof Chun-Ming Liu: CAS, Beijing, China
Plant vascular system, comprising of phloem and xylem, is responsible for the delivery throughout the plant body of all the organic and inorganic resources and signalling molecules including RNAs, proteins, Ca++, ROS. As such, the vascular system plays pivotal roles in growth and development, crop yield formation, forest production and stress responses. To provide a forum for discussion of exciting advances in this area and to foster collaborations, the Fourth International conference on Plant Vascular Biology (PVB 2016) will be held in Shenzhen, China, from July 19 to July 23, 2016.
PVB2016 will build upon the very successful meetings first held in Taipei, 2007, in the USA at Ohio State University in 2010 and then in Helsinki, Finland in 2013. Shenzhen is a fast developing seaport city adjacent to Hong Kong and Guangzhou with easy accesses to a wealth of local or nearby natural beauties and historical sites.
PVB2016 includes the following sessions:
- Cambial meristem development and vascular patterning
- Development of Vascular Tissues: Xylem and phloem cell differentiation
- Secondary Growth in Woody Species
- Mechanisms of Vascular Transport (Xylem and phloem transport)
- Vascular Trafficking and Development
- Biotic Plant Interactions
- Integrative Plant Vascular Biology
As part of PVB2016, a Special Issue is planned for the Journal of Integrative Plant Biology (JIPB), under the title of “Plant Vascular Biology”. All participants are invited to contribute a review or research article to this volume (all publication costs to be covered by JIPB).
- Early Registration: April 1, 2016
- Abstract Submission: June 10, 2016
- JIPB Special Issue Manuscript submissions: October 10, 2016
- Please visit http://pvb2016.org/ for details.